The following is a list of Game Over lines in Batman: Arkham City.
- "So you fail to live up to his expectations. How predictable."
- "I knew I was better than you, Wayne. Now you have proved it."
- "Arkham City has become your tomb, Wayne."
- "So, the great Batman has fallen. Good."
- "I will enjoy dissecting your brain, Ms. Kyle."
- "Escape from Arkham City is impossible, Catwoman."
- "Your thieving ends now."
- "And the judgment is... death!"
- "Heads or tails?"
- "Looks like your luck's run out, Batman!"
- "Bad luck, Batman!"
- "What's up, Batman? In two minds about saving the kitty? Let me help you out. KILL HER!" (If Batman leaves Catwoman to die in the courtroom)
- "Time to die, kitty cat!"
- "Sorry, kitty."
- "Stupid little dead bat! Who's gonna save ya now?"
- "I knew it. You're nothin' but a lightweight loser!"
- "You were supposed ta save Mr. J, bat-brain!"
- "If you're dead, who's gonna save poor Mr. J?"
In DLC: Harley Quinn's Revenge
- "Oh no, You're all dead. Who's gonna save Batman now?"
- "Tough luck, bird-brain!"
- "You're gonna pay for letting Mister J die!" (To Batman)
- "Good, I hope it hurts!" (To Batman or Robin)
- "I figured you'd have a little more fight in you. Guess I figured wrong!"
- "Oh, Bats! I really figured you'd last longer than that!"
- "It's okay to die, Bats. I'll be here to protect Gotham. I'll do a real good job!"
As Fake Joker
- "Get up, Bats! Hey, you ain't looking so good!"
- "Oh, Bats! If you only knew what I have planned! You'd just die!"
- "Aren't you supposed to be up on your feet and trying to stop me?"
- "Death is cold, Batman."
- "I will turn your blood to ice."
- "Anyone want a slightly used Batsuit? I'm sure the blood'll wash off."
- "And there was me thinking it was going to be difficult. Get him out of here!"
- "Having a little lie-down, are you? Enjoy it. It's your last."
- "Someone cut the mask off his face. No need to be gentle."
- "You ruined everything, Selina."
- "You shouldn't have come here, Selina."
- "And another arrogant human dies." (To Catwoman or Batman)
- "This is hardly a surprise. I always knew I was better than you."
- "Well, well. So the shaved monkey has failed. How utterly, utterly expected."
- "What's wrong? Has your primitive brain given up and accepted that I, the Riddler, am better than you?"
- "Riddle me this: What lies on the ground, is full of holes, and gives off a slight burning smell?"
- "Question: What do you call someone who prevented a guard from turning into minced-meat? Answer: Not you, Batman!"
- "You picked wrong, Dark Knight!" (If Batman fails to save William North in one of Riddler's games)
- "Grundy will kill you."
- "Grundy must hurt the Bat!"
- "My father was wrong about you."
- "Pity, I thought you and I were destined to be together."
- "You disappoint me, detective."
- "It appears I chose unwisely, detective."
- "And the hunt for my successor goes on."
- "Next, I will become YOU, Batman!"
- "This was the performance of a lifetime!"
- "The world's greatest detective dies at the hands of the world's greatest assassin."
- "I never fail to kill my target. You better run, Batman. You're next." (If Batman fails to save Jack Ryder)
- "You're next on my list, Batman. Run if you like. Deadshot always hits his target." (If Batman fails to save Jack Ryder)
- "When you wake up, you will be mine..."
- "You're late, Batman. Late, late, late."
- "I'm going to take my time, Batman. After all, you took yours."
- "You missed my call."
- "You took too long, Batman."
Black Mask (Challenge Mode)
- "What? Did you think you could beat me? Me?!"
- "First you fall, then Gotham."
- "No one goes up against the Black Mask and lives.''
Causes of Game Over
- Batman dies
- Catwoman dies (Game Of The Year or Challenges only)
- Robin dies (DLC or Challenge only)
- Nightwing dies (challenge only)
- Hostage dies (if grabbed by henchman during Predator parts)
- Leaving Quincy Sharp to die at the hands of Two-Face's men near the main gate (when he enters Arkham City)
- Leaving Catwoman to die at the hands of Two-Face in the courthouse (when Batman is seen by Two Face or his men and walks down the stairs)
- Leaving Talia to die at the hands of The Joker in the Monarch Theatre (when she is captured by him)
- Falling in the water at the museum
- Failing to stop the shark from eating Batman (when the shark attacks his raft one more time)
- Failing to stop Deadshot from killing Jack Ryder (when Deadshot is located)
- Failing to answer Zsasz's phone in time (when Batman answers his first call)
- This is the first game to have Game Over Lines for Zsasz. In Batman: Arkham Asylum, Joker says his Game Over Lines in the Zsasz levels.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.