The collection includes both games and all previously released downloadable content. It was originally set to be released on July 26, 2016, but was delayed. It was released to the public on October 18, 2016.
Differences to the original games
- The remasters feature improved graphics, lighting effects, and more prominent shadows. City's framerate is unlocked, allowing it to occasionally rise higher than the original.
- Both remasters come with all the DLC included.
- PS4 version no longer allows 2 different control schemes, with B (L2/R2 gadgets, L1 detective mode) being the default one, similar to Origins and Knight.
- Joker's hair is slightly darker, likely to better match his appearance in Origins and Knight.
- Many character models (especially alternate skins) have much more detail in them.
- The fibers in Batman's suit and Catwoman's suit show more prominently and the clothes that the inmates wear show tears and blood splatters (Arkham Asylum with the Blackgate Prisoners and Arkham City with the Political Prisoners).
- The Bat symbol on the Batsuit shows more prominently and the damage looks realistic.
- There's now rain during free roam, and Batman's suit gets wet (Not as detailed as Knight's effect).
- Batman's mouth has a different design.
- The Joker has a brighter design than in the original, his shirt has a slightly different cut, and two chains are attached to the jacket.
- The cutscenes look more clear, there are no motion blurs, and no camera shake on some scenes.
- Batman gains the cuts on his right cheek earlier in the game than in the original, getting them during his fight with Bane instead of the fight with the two Titan Henchmen in the Botanical Gardens. Also unlike the original, there is no blood on the cuts now and the cuts look deeper.
- Killer Croc might be slightly more aggressive, attacking Batman more often. And now he will oftentimes appear in different spots and charge at Batman, making the encounter slightly more challenging. (At times he might immediately jump up from the water after getting hit by a Batarang)
- There are slight changes in color schemes, most notably on the main menu, being less blue and leaning towards grey/green.
- Detective Mode now has a design on the outer edge.
- When Poison Ivy is under the TITAN effects near the end of the game the looks of the playable area are red instead of normal colors.
- TITAN Joker's figure nails aren't long in the cutscene before his battle with Batman in the original version his figure nails are long in the cutscene.
- Batman's cape/cowl is now dark grey, instead of dark blue/purple.
- Batman's cape also shows the fibers in it, not just a smooth black color.
- Joker's Titan Disease makes Joker look more affected by it.
- Clayface Joker retains the lighter design of Joker from Arkham Asylum.
- All the DLC costumes are available for use within the main game from the beginning, instead of requiring the game to be beaten or a cheat code to be used.
- Penguin's character model has changed only for the head section, he now has a different head model, and he now also has striped trousers instead of plain black, though because of the new head model it is possible to see through the bottom of the furred portion of Penguin's coat.
- In the church, the Riddler's projection screen is now green instead of a light yellow.
- Like Asylum, there are slight changes in color schemes, such as the Gotham skyline, now blue instead of orange.
- The wet grounds of Arkham City now reflect under lights.
- The slight lag in the subtitles when listening to Thomas Elliot's voice message has been fixed.
- The leather on Catwoman's suit is shiny instead of dull black.
- Talia's belly button isn't pierced.
- Batman: Arkham Origins was not included in the Return series. Thus this leaves a small gap, as it referenced quite a few times in Knight.
- For some reason, at the beginning of the Identity Thief side mission, the Political Prisoner has gloves on, and his coat is a different texture, as in the original, the blood showed on his hands.
- In the Batman: Arkham City DLC "Harley Quinns Revenge" Wonder Tower is missing.
- By discovering and unlocking Scarecrow's Boat, Batman finds an Inmate screaming under Fear Toxin. In the Remaster the Arkham Logo on his shirt is missing.