|Full Name||George Harkness|
|Base of Operations||Central City|
|Height||5' 11" (180 cm)|
|Weight||180 lbs (81 kg)|
|Voice Actor||Greg Ellis|
|First Appearance||Flash #117 (December 1960)|
The George Harkness version of Captain Boomerang appeared in the animated movie, Batman: Assault on Arkham, and was voiced by Greg Ellis.He worked as a member of the Suicide Squad on a mission to assassinate the Riddler.
Arkham Origins Incident
Captain Boomerang was mentioned by one of the 20 escaped Blackgate Prisoners in Batman: Arkham Origins. The prisoner told the thugs around him that he needed a place to hide because: "It's some guy with a boomerang!". The other thugs thought that he meant Batarang and were talking about Batman, but the prisoner told them: "No. It's definitely not the Bat. Dressed totally different. Calls himself Captain and... Look can we finish this conversation somewhere else? Somewhere SAFE?" It seemed as if Captain Boomerang had a grudge against that particular prisoner.
Assault on Arkham Incident
Captain Boomerang appeared as a member of the Suicide Squad. He was first seen in a prison getting food when the prisoner next to him tried to stab him. George threw his food tray at the prisoner, which demonstrated his skill with a "boomerang". Boomerang later woke up and realized that he had been recruited for another Suicide Squad mission. He was one of the three characters who had previously done Suicide Squad missions before, along with Deadshot and Harley Quinn. Throughout the film, Boomerang was a rival to Deadshot as to who was the leader of the squad, even though it was clear to everyone else that Deadshot lead the group. When the team was sneaking into the Arkham Asylum, he was disguised as a EMT with Killer Frost naked in a body bag. He tried to sarcastically show the guards that the body was dead and he hit the body bag as well as Killer Frost's head, much to her pain and anger. They made it through security and after Killer Frost got out of the bag, she hit him in the groin as payback. Later on, when they were racing to get to the helicopter, Deadshot shot Boomerang in the shoulder which made him believe that he was no longer a threat. Deadshot ran into the helicopter and began to take off. As the helicopter ascended, Captain Boomerang put him in a headlock. Deadshot was surprised that he had made it into the helicopter. Boomerang told him that only one of them was getting out of there. Deadshot pulled back on the control stick with his legs which sent Boomerang falling out the back of the helicopter and into a group of prisoners. He survived the fall and yelled that he'd get payback on Deadshot.
Before Arkham Knight Incident
Captain Boomerang and Deadshot once again worked together under the leadership of Harley Quinn after she managed to reform the Suicide Squad. In their first mission together, Boomerang destroyed a GCPD helicopter, and caused it to crash into the armored transport that was taking Killer Croc to Stone Ridge Penitentiary. They freed Croc from the vehicle and traveled to Wonder City where they met Harley's partner, the Penguin. Penguin hired the 'All-New Suicide Squad' to murder Bruce Wayne. Though the animosity between him, Harley, and Deadshot was still obvious, together, they attacked Wayne's car on its way home from a construction site that they had staked out. Unfortunately, it was Batman, not Wayne, who emerged from the car. A fight soon broke out between Harley and Batman, during which Boomerang collected thrown Batarangs and threw them back at the Dark Knight. Boomerang then got the upper-hand as he then started throwing explosive projectiles before he was suddenly executed by Deadshot, for "rarely showering."
Real Name: George Harkness
Amanda Waller Profile
- "Strewth, I got the hangover, but I don't recall the party."
- "You too?" (Deadshot)
- "It's like a bloody recurring nightmare." (The Suicide Squad)
- "Fresh air and time off my sentence? Feel free to keep calling me up, love." (Amanda Waller)
- "Don't want much?" (Amanda Waller)
- "I told you, Harley. If you're giving it out, heave a chunk my way, eh?" (Harley Quinn)
- "Come on, Harl. For old times sake?" (Harley Quinn)
- "I think we might, mate." (Deadshot)
- "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" (Black Spider)
- "Waller, please!" (Amanda Waller)
- "Gross." (Killer Frost and King Shark)
- "Gah! This is flipping bonkers. Sloshing through sewage so a guy dressed like a bat won't spot us?" (Deadshot)
- "No, we're practically there." (Deadshot)
- "Ever the charmer, aren't ya? (Harley Quinn)
- "Ah. Oi, Lawton." (Deadshot)
- "Nice shave, mate." (Deadshot)
- "We got off on the wrong foot at the start of this mission. Hoist a pint with us." (Deadshot)
- "Ehh, suit yourself. How about a friendly game of darts, then?" (Deadshot)
- "Lucky shot." (to Deadshot about his dart)
- "Sorry, mate. Looks like that one took a bad bounce." (To Deadshot about his dart)
- "Oh!" (Punched in the face by Deadshot)
- "Who knows what these wankers get worked up about." (to Deadshot about Batman)
- "Ice puns? Really?" (Killer Frost)
- "Where should I dump her?" (to Arkham Guard about Killer Frost's body in the body bag)
- "She's dead." (hits body bag)
- "How much trouble could she be?" (Killer Frost's body in the body bag)
- "About time." (Arkham Guard)
- "Aah! Me goalies!" (kicked by Killer Frost)
- "That gas explosion put the whole bloody asylum on yellow alert. If the security cameras make us, we're toast." (Harley Quinn)
- "What then? Let him watch us run around like idiots?" (to Deadshot about Batman)
- "Aw. Shark Week had his first thought." (King Shark)
- "You mean Batman's or Waller's?" (Deadshot)
- "You do two, I'll do two." (Deadshot)
- "Wait for it." (Deadshot)
- "Boom! in your face!" (Deadshot)
- "That's it!" (attacks Deadshot)
- "Now that's just pathetic." (King Shark)
- "Come on. As what?" (Harley Quinn)
- "Bloody hell!" (Scarface)
- "Mate, I'm a little choked up." ('Black Spider')
- "What the hell?" (no thumb drive)
- "Yeah, we can see that Harley, but where?" (Harley Quinn)
- "You can thank us later, losers." (Killer Frost and Riddler)
- "Should've brought a tank." (Deadshot)
- "You're joking." (King Shark)
- "It's the what now?" (Riddler)
- "I don't trust this fruit loop." (Riddler)
- "I never need to do that again." (Electroshock)
- "Oi. Why'd his head explode?" (King Shark)
- "So what's his excuse?" ('Black Spider')
- "Mate, you just out-crazied the Joker." (Deadshot)
- "Can we get out of here first?" (Deadshot)
- "And whose fault is that, do you suppose, leader?" (Deadshot)
- "Really?" (Deadshot)
- "Is that what you'd call it, eh?" (Deadshot)
- "Great, let's split up. I'm better off on my own." (Deadshot)
- "Don't owe you squat, Bats." (Batman)
- "Good luck with that, mate." (Batman)
- "Gotta get out of here." (to Deadshot and Killer Frost)
- "Oh, no, you don't, Lawton. That's my ride!" (Deadshot)
- "Aah!" (shot in the arm by Deadshot)
- "Only one of us is getting out of here and it ain't you!" (Deadshot)
- "I'll get you for this, Lawton!" (Deadshot)
- One of the 20 Blackgate Prisoners in Batman: Arkham Origins mentioned Captain Boomerang in a conversation with some thugs in the Bowery.
- Captain Boomerang was the only Australian villain in the Arkhamverse.
- Captain Boomerang used a wide variety of gimmicked boomerangs.
- Like in the comics, Captain Boomerang was generally disliked by everyone on the Suicide Squad.
- Captain Boomerang was one of the confirmed three surviving members of the Suicide Squad, along with Deadshot and Harley Quinn, although he was the only survivor who was unsuccessful to escape from Arkham Asylum.