It is located at the very southwest of Arkham City in the Bowery and was one of the biggest spots in the Prison. It held many crude exhibits, mostly dead members of enemy factions like a Joker Henchman, a TYGER Guard, a Two-Face Henchman, and even a League of Assassins Ninja.
- 1 Incident Reports
- 2 Exhibits
- 3 Speech Announcements for Museum & Exhibits
- 4 Maps & Riddler Challenge
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
Arkham Origins Incident
The Museum was seen on Christmas Eve, but since it was still operational at that point, it wasn't accessible because it was closed for the night. The Museum was also where Deathstroke was confronted by Black Mask's Henchmen as a test of his skill.
Arkham City Incident
When a chunk of Gotham was isolated and all the inmates from Arkham Asylum were thrown into it, a three-way turf war broke out between Two-Face, the Joker, and the Penguin, all having a main base for themselves and their minions to settle. When the Joker got deathly ill, he knocked out Batman, poisoned him and most of Gotham, and told him that only Mr. Freeze could make the cure.
Batman found the coldest place in Arkham City, the old GCPD Building, only to find that the Penguin had Mr. Freeze held prisoner at the Museum. Batman hacked his way in and fought his way through the Trophy Room, the Gladiator Pit, the Torture Chamber, the Museum War Room, and the Armory. Batman then went to the Iceberg Lounge, disabled Mr. Freeze's Freeze Gun, and Penguin had him fight Solomon Grundy who lived under the Iceberg Lounge. In the end, Batman killed Grundy, defeated Penguin, and locked him up in the exhibit case that was meant for Bruce Wayne in the Trophy Room. Later, Two-Face overthrew the Museum and took Catwoman's loot, but only took half of it for himself, and gave the other half of it away to his henchmen and was knocked out by Catwoman herself.
- Tyrannosaurus Rex: Contained is a genus of tyrannosaurid theropod dinosaur. Recording as Announcer: "The Tyrannosaurus Rex was a bipedal carnivore that roamed the land that eventually became Gotham City over 65 million years ago."
- Two-Face: Contained 2 dead Two-Face thugs, one 'riding' a velociraptor fossil and the other scrunched up against the side. The ground is covered in grass and there's several 'Vote for Dent' posters. Recording: "Don't send your boys over here Harvey. Next time, I'll cut 'em in two. Come to think of it, you'd probably like that, wouldn't you?"
- League of Assassins: Contained a female League of Assassins Ninja (who was the same one who later broke out and accidently led Batman to Ra's Al Ghul) who was meditating in a room with lit candles and a background that resembles an ancient Chinese bedroom. Recording: "Now this little minx is a real puzzle. Where did she come from? How did she kill eight of my men before we managed to hold her down and beat her into unconsciousness? All I know is... I like her pajamas."
- Bruce Wayne: It showed a bag of money in a Bruce Wayne case. Recording: "A little bird told me that Bruce Wayne is on his way to be a part of my collection. When I get my hands on that spoiled little rich kid, I’ll make him regret what his family did to mine."
- Joker's Henchmen: Contained 2 dead Joker Thugs on a roller coaster cart. Recording: "The joke is definitely on these losers! Tell me, what do I need to do to stop you sending these goons into my home, Joker? Kill you?"
- TYGER: Contained a dead TYGER Guard in a case. Recording: "Hugo Strange is watching you! Yeah, right. Pity he wasn't watching this TYGER Guard when we went to work on him with blow torches and iron bars."
- Victor Zsasz: It showed a broken case where Zsasz was imprisoned and escaped. Recording: "Take a good look into the eyes of a monster! A deeply disturbed serial killer, a man responsible for the murder and subsequent mutilation of over one hundred men, women and children. You are looking at... Zsasz!."
- Scarface: When you pressed the button he danced by strings. Recording: "Press the button and watch the puppet dance."
- Batman: It showed in Batman case some bats and a moon. Recording: "This will be the jewel in my collection! Coming soon!... the Batman!"
- Mr. Freeze: Mr. Freeze was imprisoned in a display case. Recording: "Surely no introduction is necessary. A prize- winning cryogenic scientist pushed to the edge of sanity by a desire to help his poor, dying wife... or an old man, captured by me and stuck on the grill?"
- Harley Quinn: It showed one of the Harley Heads in a case. Recording: "This one just waiting for the clown's girlfriend to show up, she'll be good for a few minutes of entertainment before I... cut her head off."
- The Joker: It showed a Joker mannequin in a case with a TV head. Recording: "The Clown Prince of Crime. Bah! This guy needs putting down like a sick puppy. He's been inconvenience to my operations too long and to be honest, I really don't find him that funny."
- Bud and Lou: Contained Joker's two stuffed deceased hyenas. Recording: "Recognize Joker's pets? Me too. That's why I had them shot and stuffed!"
- Black Mask Henchman: Contains two skeletons, one with a top hat and the other with a black mask, in an arctic-themed exhibit. Recording: "This is what happens when you try and get clever with me. Look closer. Do you want this to happen to you?"
- Shark tank victim: A skull in an aquarium with schools of fish. Recording: "This is all that's left of a man that's spent too long in a shark tank."
- Oven victim: Several skeletons in an arboreal exhibit with a stuffed snake. Recording: "Can you smell that? That's the smell of someone who tried to steal from me and spent 4 hours in a hot oven as punishment."
Speech Announcements for Museum & Exhibits
- "Welcome to the Cyrus Pinkney Natural History Institute. All visitors must be searched, as part of our ongoing commitment to keep you safe, and protect the unique collection we have on display. All visitors should be sure to check out our latest attraction, "Dangers from the Deep," in the Aquatic Observation Chamber. All visitors with a valid ticket or concession card can enjoy a discount at the nearby, world-famous Iceberg Lounge."
- "The Tyrannosaurus Rex was a bipedal carnivore that roamed the land that eventually became Gotham City over 65 million years ago."
Maps & Riddler Challenge
All the Rooms of This Map
- Trophy Room
- Gladiator Pit
- Torture Chamber
- War Room
- Iceberg Lounge
- Riddler Trophy #1 (Locate in the Trophy Room) Required: Quickfire Batarang
- Riddler Trophy #2 (Locate in the Trophy Room) Required: Explosive Gel
- Riddler Trophy #3 (Locate in the Trophy Room)
- Riddler Trophy #4 (Locate in the Trophy Room) Required: Crytographic Squencer - Crytographic Range Amplifier - Hacking: Gotham Mucipal Network (Password is: Triassic)
- Riddler Trophy #5 (Locate in the Trophy Room) Required: Disruptor: Firearm Jammer - Tyger Sentry Turret (Character Trophy: Solomon Grundy
- Riddler Trophy #6 (Locate in the Gladiator Pit) Required: Line Launcher
- Riddler Trophy #7 (Locate in the Gladiator Pit) Required: Explosive Gel After Used Remote Electrical Charge and fire in Elevator Control with Elevator is Going Up (Character Trophy: Penguin Titan Thug)
- Riddler Trophy #8 (Locate in the Gladiator Pit) Required: Batclaw to Valve Cover
- Riddler Trophy #9 (Locate in the Gladiator Pit) Required: Fuse Box was Overload to Used Remote Control Batarang with Electric to Fuse Box. Batman Says: "That Fuse Box is providing Power of the Gates. If i overloaded Somehow, The Fuse is Should Blow in the Locks will be Disabled"
- Riddler Trophy #10 (Locate in the Torture Chamber) Required: Freeze Blast & then Batclaw to Valve Cover
- Riddler Trophy #11 (Locate in the Torture Chamber) Required: Line Launcher
- Riddler Trophy #12 (Locate in the Torture Chamber) Required: Freeze Blast & then Batclaw to Pull the Rope (Concept Art: Two-Face and crew)
- Riddler Trophy #13 (Locate in the Torture Chamber) Required: Remote Electrical Charge to open Overhead Door & Then Quickfire Batarang to Find Riddler Light should Spinning
- Riddler Trophy #14 (Locate in the War Room) (Character Trophy: Mister Freeze)
- Riddler Trophy #15 (Locate in the War Room) Required: Freeze Blast with Air Steam is off (Character Trophy: Ra's al Ghul)
- Riddler Trophy #16 (Locate in the Armory) Required: Floor Grate (Character Trophy: Penguin Thugs)
- Riddler Trophy #17 (Locate in the Armory) Required: Crytographic Squencer - Crytographic Range Amplifier - Hacking: Riddler Matrix (Password is: Artifact) and Grab Riddler Trophy Used Batclaw. (Concept Art: Cyrus Pinkney's Institute for Natural History: Main Exhibition Hall)
- Riddler Trophy #18 (Locate in the Armory) Required: Freeze Blast with Air Steam is off (Concept Art: The Penguin's Henchmen)
- Riddler Trophy #19 (Locate in the Armory)
- Riddler Trophy #20 (Locate in the Iceberg Lounge) Required: Disruptor: Mine Detonator - Riddler Proximity Mine
- Riddler Trophy #21 (Locate in the Gladiator Pit) Required: Remote Electrical Charge
- Riddler Trophy #22 (Locate in the Gladiator Pit) Required: Remote Electrical Charge to Fuse Box has been Disabled. or Used Remote Control Batarang with Electric to Fuse Box. (Character Trophy: Doctors)
- Riddler Trophy #23 (Locate in the Armory) Required: Crytographic Squencer - Hacking: Gotham Mucipal Network (Password is: Ornithology) (Character Trophy: Undercover Cops)
- Riddler Problems #1 (Located in the Torture Chamber) "This question can only be answered from an unusual perspective. Can you get yourself there?"
- Riddler Problems #2 (Locate in the Trophy Room) "Who's in control here? The puppet or the puppeteer?" (Arkham City Story: Scarface (1 of 2)
- Riddler Problems #3 (Locate in the Gladiator Pit) "Was he framed? Or does it run in the family? (Arkham City Story: The Cobblepot Feud (4 of 5)
- Riddler Problems #4 (Locate in the War Room) "Have Joker's pet laughed themselved to death, or just eaten too much?" (Arkham City Story: Holding Grudges (1 of 3)
- Riddler Problems #5 (Locate in the War Room) "Brothers in arms. Brothers at war. Who's right? Who's... Left?" (Arkham City Story: The Abramovici Twins (2 of 2)
- Riddler Problems #6 (Locate in the Armory) "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, or there will be explosive consequences." (Arkham City Story: The Cobblepot Feud (5 of 5)
- Riddler Problems #7 (Locate in the Iceberg Lounge) "Can anyone TOP the Penguin when it comes to the full VIP treatment? (Arkham City Story: The Cobblepot Feud (3 of 5)
- Riddler Problems #8 (Locate in the Iceberg Lounge) "How do you protect yourself when it's raining bullets? (Arkham City Story: The Cobblepot Feud (2 of 5)
Breakable Object: Penguin
- Which ice cold birds can't fly? Required: Penguins Destroy x3
- These birds are dressed for dinner. Are you hungry? Required: Penguins Destroy x6
- Is this lone bird looking for its emperor? Required: Penguins Destroy x9
- No matter what you throw at it this bird won't fly away. Required: Penguins Destroy x12
- 4 Penguins are Located in the Trophy Room
- 2 Penguins are Located in the Gladiator Pit
- 1 Penguin is Located in the Torture Chamber
- 1 Penguin is Located in the War Room
- 2 Penguins are Located in the Armory
- 2 Penguins are Located in the Iceberg Lounge
- Catwoman Trophy #1 (Located in the Gladiator Pit) Required: Pounce To Ceiling and Open the Floor Grate
- Catwoman Trophy #2 (Located in the Torture Chamber) Required: Climb Down and Open Floor Grate
- Catwoman Trophy #3 (Located in the Torture Chamber) Required: Pounce To Ceiling
- Catwoman Trophy #4 (Located in the Armory)
- Catwoman Trophy #5 (Located in the Armory) Required: Pounce To Ceiling
- You could find a Batarang on a magazine with Joker's face in the War Room.
- Tiny didn't attack and kill you after you defeated Penguin.
- One of Penguin's Henchmen said that there were spots for Catwoman and Robin in Penguin's collection, but the one for her never showed up.
- The DLC Challenge Map in Arkham Origins "Venom Connection" was designed like the Museum.
- If Batman frequently turns on the showcases in the predator mission, the henchmen will remark that they know he's here and to stop turning them on, and will not investigate. If the player continues this, they will no longer comment on it.
- Among the many objects collected in the museum is also a version of the German board game "plitsch platsch Pinguin", which means in English about "splish splash penguin". The game is about balancing as many penguins (which are very similar to the porcelain penguins in the museum) on an iceberg.