By wearing the XE suit, Batman gains access to a new heat-based arsenal such as:
- Thermo Charged Batarangs
- Heat-based Takedowns
- Thermal Gloves
- Honeycomb structure insulates against extreme cold without increasing the suit's weight
The player can unlock other features such as Quickfire Thermal Batarangs, an upgrade for their Thermal Gloves, and an Ice Escape Shockwave by completing various side missions around New Gotham.
After Arkham Origins Incident
Batman begun work on the XE Suit so that he can withstand extreme cold in certain environments.
Presumably, Lucius Fox helped develop the suit.
- The Batsuit drop off is similar to the drop off in Batman: Arkham City.
- The Shock Gloves are replaced by the Thermal Gloves in the XE Suit.
- The Double and Triple Batarang Upgrades can help you take down more enemies including Mr. Freeze.
- Upgrades to the XE Suit are given when doing side missions.
- Before the release of the DLC, there was a mod that allowed the player to use an alpha version of the suit in the main story. It was absolutely textureless, but the Thermo-charged Batarangs were available for use as well as an electrical shockwave. It was later revealed to be this suit. Although players can still use a mod to play it in the main story.
- Besides the new Batarangs, all other gadgets remain unchanged in the XE Suit.
- This is the only suit Batman wears in the Arkham series that completely covers up Batman's face. It also is the only suit to change his voice, as an oxygen tank is needed for Batman to breathe (presumably to use in the event Batman was trapped underwater and/or in extreme temperatures). This makes Batman sound more robotic, and more like an underwater diver.
- This is the first and arguably only special Batsuit Batman wore canonically in the Arkhamverse.