A deranged gang leader, Maxie Zeus came to believe himself an avatar of the Olympian god, Zeus. Creating a cult of gang members to do his bidding as he saw fit, Zeus became a power-player in the Gotham City Underworld. Zeus' criminal activities were perpetrated by his army of followers, and - he believed - were overseen by the Greek Gods themselves.
Between Arkham Origins and Assault on Arkham Incident
Maxie first believed that he was Zeus and became a criminal.
Assault on Arkham Incident
Road to Arkham Incident
Maxie Zeus was one of the many villains to escape the asylum before the Joker's takeover. The others were: Calendar Man, Firefly, Black Mask, Ventriloquist, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Ratcatcher, Riddler, Humpty Dumpty, Great White Shark, Killer Moth, Mr. Freeze, Penguin, and Catman.
Arkham Asylum Incident
During Joker's takeover of Arkham, Batman observed a cell with Greek symbols all over it, and that most likely being Zeus's. The cell could be found in the Patient Pacification Chamber at the Intensive Treatment Center. Zeus was nowhere to be found, so it was assumed that he was at large at that time.
Bewteen Arkham Asylum and Arkham City Incident
Sometime after Joker's takeover of Arkham Asylum, and before Arkham City was opened, Maxie disappeared.
Arkham City Incident
Although Maxie disappeared at Arkham Asylum after one too many rounds of electroshock therapy, his nightclub kept running in his absence, which lead some to think that he wasn't gone far at all. If Maxie was secretly dispatched to Arkham City, it was possible that he was killed during Protocol 10.
Real Name: Maximilian Zeus
Batman's Database Profile
Dr. Penelope Young
- Driven by complex religious delusions
- Charismatic leader who has developed a long-standing cult
- Determined to extend his powerful reach and recruit new followers
- Former history teacher
- In Batman: Arkham City, a nightclub that was owned by Maxie Zeus was called Gotham City Olympus was present.
- One of the symbols in Maxie Zeus's cell is the Eye of Ra. A religious symbol from Egyptian Mythology rather than Greco-Roman.
- Maxie is one of nine super-villains who is directly referenced in Arkham Asylum with a character bio while not appearing in the game itself, who never physically appears in any other series instalment. The others are: Great White Shark, Prometheus, Humpty Dumpty, Ratcatcher, Killer Moth, Ventriloquist, and the Tweedles.