Raised by his parents (better known as the "Flying Graysons") in a circus, Dick Grayson was trained to be incredibly acrobatic. His parents were killed after criminals had failed to extort money from the circus. Dick was soon adopted by billionaire Bruce Wayne, who shared his secret identity and extensively trained the boy to become Batman's sidekick, the first Robin. After he aided Batman for years, Dick eventually moved on and became a hero in his own right. As Nightwing, he patrolled both Gotham City and Blüdhaven, and worked with Batman no longer as a sidekick, but as an ally. He was the main protagonist of the GCPD Lockdown DLC of Batman: Arkham Knight. He also served as a side protagonist in The Season of Infamy DLC, in the mission, Beneath the Surface.
Before Arkham Origins Incident
Dick Grayson was part of a circus act alongside his mother and father, and they were known as the Flying Graysons.
After Arkham Origins Incident
After the Christmas Eve Incident, Dick's parents were killed by mob boss, Tony Zucco. Bruce felt sympathy for the boy, and after he remembered his own tragedy, he adopted Dick. Dick eventually discovered Bruce's secret identity as Batman. Wanting to help his friend and father-figure, Dick developed the identity of Robin: The Boy Wonder. Together, the Dynamic Duo took down both criminals and super villains.
Arkham Origins: Multiplayer Incident
Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum Incidents
After a long career as Robin, Dick eventually decided to fight crime alone, became Nightwing, and patrolled Blüdhaven. Two young boys took his place. The first was Jason Todd, who was assumed to have died at the hands of the Joker. The second was Tim Drake, an intelligent boy who had managed to deduce both his and Batman's identities and took up the mantle of Robin. The two formed a brotherly bond.
Before Arkham City Incident
Nightwing helped Batman investigate the mysterious Abramovici Twins, whom he heard stories about during his childhood as an acrobat. Alongside Batman, Nightwing concluded that Thomas Elliot had performed their separation.
Arkham City Incident
Nightwing remained in Wayne Manor during the events of Arkham City, and guarded the manor from armed intruders. During Protocol 10, Hugo Strange sent a number of TYGER Guards to Wayne Manor to kill Batman's allies and uncover more of his secrets. However, Dick was training in the Batcave, and was able to fend off the TYGER Guards until the GCPD arrived.
Before Arkham Knight Incident
Nightwing managed to capture Poison Ivy, and made sure that she was imprisoned in Blüdhaven until her transportation to a secure cell in Gotham City could be safely arranged. When Harley Quinn raided the Blüdhaven police department to free Ivy, and easily massacred the police officers, Nightwing showed up to stop her. Displaying a surprising dexterity in combat, Harley was able to hold her own against Nightwing until she managed to break Ivy free. Poison Ivy used her plants to subdue Nightwing, and both she and Harley escaped.
Arkham Knight Incident
After he tracked a weapons smuggling operation for several weeks, Nightwing was able to deduce that The Penguin was the boss, and he returned to Gotham to bring him to justice. Nightwing met with Batman, delivered the Disruptor designed by Lucius Fox, and assisted him in taking down Penguin's new business. While attacking one of Penguin's warehouses, Batman was quickly overwhelmed before Nightwing's intervention. The dynamic duo spent the rest of the evening tracking down Penguin's warehouses and destroying the weapons held within.
After several hours, Nightwing alerted Batman to an airship that crashed just off the Miagani Island Bridge. Further investigation revealed it to be the Iron Heights Penitentiary. Nightwing traveled through the prison alone, and deduced from the wreckage that Killer Croc must have been the cause of the crash at the same time as Batman. The two worked together to apprehend some escaped inmates. They learned from Prison Officer Blackburn that Croc had kidnapped Warden Ranken and taken him to the maximum security area of the ship. before splitting up once again, with Dick helping the surviving guards escape and Batman going to find the key cards to access the maximum security area.
Upon Batman's return, the two worked used the key cards and activated the door. After getting past the security door, the Dynamic Duo found video footage of Ranken experimenting on Croc and the other inmates in order to weaponize Jones's regenerative healing abilities. They then intervened as Croc was about to inflict retribution on Ranken. They defeated the prisoners and ultimately managed to defeat Croc. Nightwing helped Batman deliver Croc, Ranken, and the prisoners to the GCPD Lockup.
Later, Nightwing attempted to finish the hunt for Penguin alone, but was quickly subdued. Batman arrived and attempted a rescue, which prompted Cobblepot to hold Nightwing at gunpoint. During this time, Nightwing also briefly alluded to his past as a member of the Flying Graysons to Penguin, who doesn't know who they were. Batman and Nightwing worked together to knock Penguin out, before Batman issued his final goodbye, and told Nightwing that he was proud of him. Nightwing reacted very negatively to the implication that Batman wouldn't make it, but ultimately promised him to keep Blüdhaven safe once he was gone.
GCPD Lockdown Incident
3 months after The Knightfall Protocol, Nightwing lived up to his promise, and did his best to keep Blüdhaven safe. After Penguin's final base was destroyed, one of Cobblepot's henchmen revealed that there was an escape attempt at the GCPD that was going on right at that moment. Nightwing arrived, and, working with remote assistance from Lucius Fox, was able to shut down the attempt, and insulted and antagonized Cobblepot as much as possible in the process. After returning the Penguin to his cell, Nightwing made it clear to an appreciative Aaron Cash that he planned on sticking with Blüdhaven, and left Gotham in the hands of Robin and Red Hood.
Often lighthearted and upbeat, Nightwing was a stark contrast to his stoic and serious mentor. He would often even make jokes while battling his enemies. His sarcastic demeanour, however, hid more pain than Nightwing would let on, especially regarding his parents accidental deaths which he witnessed as a child. A flaw Nightwing did possess aside his cocky nature was he could be occasionally reckless and overconfident, not thoroughly scanning an environment or underestimating the danger of a situation which led to his capture at Penguin's hands. This happened again after finishing a group of thugs with the help of Batman, he was overpowered and held at gunpoint by Penguin despite being relatively smaller in stature and less skilled. Nightwing, at times could develop a cruel sense of humour regarding his enemies. For example after Penguin was about to escape GCPD, he asks Lucius Fox to cut off the lights in the elevator which he was trapped within, having previously learnt that he was afraid of the dark. He does this again where atop the GCPD, pretends to be one of Penguin's henchman claiming they had defeated Nightwing and allows him to walk outside, thinking himself free only to be imprisoned yet again.
As Nightwing (in Arkham City and Arkham Knight), Dick Grayson had the following gadgets:
- Unlike Batman and Robin, Nightwing could not glide. Instead, he replaced their "Glide Kick" maneuvers, with a "Pounce Attack" that was similar to Catwoman's. If the enemy was a rough distance away, instead of gliding, Nightwing would jump off the Vantage Point and pounce onto the enemy, which left them open for a Ground Takedown.
- Wing-Ding - Similar to Batman's Batarang. (Arkham City only)
- Grapple Hook/Gun - Used to grapple to Vantage Points and ledges.
- Electrical Blast - Two electrical Escrima Sticks used to pounce on or near enemies, making them open for a Takedown. The higher the attack was initiated, the stronger the effect.
- Wrist Darts - When used, the player's view went into first person mode. When shot, Nightwing fired a small dart into the enemy. A head shot resulted in an Instant Takedown, while a shot in the torso or legs knocked the opponent to the ground. (Arkham City only)
- Escrima Sticks - Used for most of Nightwing's combat and could be used for most Takedowns and Special Combo moves. Nightwing could use these to ricochet off the walls and into enemies, and made them vulnerable to Takedowns. The Escrima Sticks could also delivered non-lethal short electric bursts.
- Batclaw - The same as Batman's; used the same and appeared the same.
- Line Launcher - The same as Batman's; used the same and appeared the same. (Arkham City only)
- Disruptor - The same as Batman's; used the same and appeared the same. (Arkham City only)
- Night Vision - Appeared in an orange corner-curved frame with radar on the top-right corner. That radar only showed enemies who were in very close proximity to Nightwing. In Arkham Knight, Nightwing used Detective Mode similarly to Batman and Robin, but the color shade was lighter in tone.
- Voice Synthesizer - Usable in GCPD Lockdown and the Challenge Maps, but not in Story Mode. (Arkham Knight only)
- Remote Electrical Charge - Usable in GCPD Lockdown and the Challenge Maps, but not in Story Mode. (Arkham Knight only)
As Robin (In Arkham Origins), Dick Grayson had the following gadgets:
- Zip-Kick - Similar to the Batclaw, but Robin used to hook on to enemies and it propelled him over to the enemy.
- Bo Staff - Used for offensive and defensive purposes, easily knocked out an average thug and could transform into a ballistic shield.
- Shuriken - Was a boomerang-shaped throwing weapon that was a non-lethal ranged attack alternative to firearms.
- Explosive Gel - Used to break down structures and could take down armed and unarmed thugs when used in collaboration with a structurally unsound wall.
- Smoke Pellet - Used to escape from armed henchmen when under fire or to distract enemies and take them down.
- Scrambler - Used to interfere with the enemy's Enhanced Vision and used to scramble Bane's/Joker's control points.
In Arkham Origins, Dick featured a more armored version of the Robinsuit, that consisted of red and black colors, similar to his replacement, Tim Drake. Dick also wore padded blue/dark blue pants, and red boots. In an alternate design, he wore yellow instead of black.
As Nightwing, Dick had a blue/black suit similar to the comics. The design concept for his hair was also similar to the comics as well. Nightwing wore his hair in a longer style, and a domino mask. Nightwing also had outlines throughout his suit.
In his later years, Dick had a more proper hairstyle, with a cowl like domino mask, and a black and blue suit, but he lacked most of a logo, with it literally being a V shape. Dick's suit formed similarities with his Injustice counterpart's suit.
Thanks to Bruce and Alfred's influence, the two had very contrasting personalities. While his mentor was cold and very serious, Dick's demeanor was quite the opposite. Dick was a naturally lighthearted individual, and made wisecracks every now and then to lighten the mood.
Real Name: Richard John "Dick" Grayson
- Batman (Bruce Wayne)
- Red Hood (Jason Todd)
- Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
- Robin (Tim Drake)
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Lucius Fox
- Peak Human Condition: Through a rigorous training regimen and strict diet, Dick achieved top physical condition with all his physical capabilities are near-superhuman.
- Peak Human Strength: Dick is exceptionally strong, he can easily overpower most thugs even enemies bigger than him. Like Batman, Dick can perform practically superhuman feats of strength such as lift a full-grown man over his head with one hand, throw them several meters, and rip metal structures barehanded in his environment to use as improvised weapon, and kick down steel doors. Dick can strike with enough force to overwhelm Killer Croc, bypassing the superhuman density of his mutated skin.
- Peak Human Speed: Dick possesses tremendous speed, he uses his astounding agility and immense acrobatic prowess to gain a superior advantage over his enemies, his fighting style is more reliant on speed rather than raw strength. He is much faster than anyone in the Bat-family.
- Peak Human Reflexes: He possesses enough skill to detect a Sniper and evade bullets at point blank range. His reflexes are much more advanced than Batman, and are near-superhuman.
- Peak Human Agility: Dick was extensively trained in acrobatics since childhood, developing an incredibly high agility even before he became Robin, from his intense training as the first Robin, his dexterity, flexibility, and balance have been trained to utmost perfection, granting him extraordinary agility greater than the finest Olympic level gymnasts and is superior to even Batman. He is one of the 3 people able to do a quadruple backflip. He can easily incorporate high level gymnastic and acrobatics maneuvers into his fighting style.
- Peak Human Durability: Dick’s muscle and bones are much tougher/denser than a normal human. His durability enabled him to suffer beatings to the face from Penguin’s thugs for a very extended period amount of time before Batman rescued him, and Nightwing’s face was barely damaged even still joking about it. He can also fall from heights that would surprise even Meta-humans.
- Peak Human Stamina: Dick's highly trained and developed body generates far less fatigue toxins than the musculature of most other humans, granting him near-superhuman stamina and lung capacity. Nightwing is trained to exert himself at peak capacity in all physical activities for hours before fatigue started to build up. Also, he can hold his breath for minutes from training with Batman.
- Peak Human Healing: Grayson’s natural healing abilities can heal broken bones, torn muscles, several gunshot & knife wounds and other severe injuries all within of several days to weeks and most lesser injuries like cuts, scrapes, and burns within hours to days.
- Peak Human Senses: Dick has honed his senses to their utmost limits. His vision, hearing, smelling, feeling, and tasting are much better than a normal human; without any superhuman degree.
- Master Acrobat: One of the world's greatest acrobats, Dick represents the pinnacle of human gymnastic and acrobatic perfection, he can easily incorporate high level gymnastic and acrobatics maneuvers into his fighting style.
- Master Martial Artist: Extensively trained by Bruce in all his knowledge and understanding of martial arts and fighting techniques, Dick is an incredibly proficient martial artist, he was also able to adapt his acrobatic skills into fighting. His form of combat is a mixture of Aikido, Escrima, Stick Fighting, Kung Fu, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Ninjutsu and Boxing; though he is proficient in other styles as well. These combat skills makes him an immensely versatile fighter making up his lack of immense raw strength with unmatched agility making him as formidable as the Dark Knight.
- Tactical Analysis: Being trained by Batman, Nightwing is an extremely clever and insightful man, skillfully employed deception and tactics to defeat his enemies in the most effective ways possible.
- Expert Marksmanship: Grayson is skilled in throwing modified Shuriken (Wing-Dings) to hit thugs at a great distance with his eyes closed, despite occasionally giving them head-starts and even disarm others with his wingdings. He almost never misses.
- Master of Stealth, Infiltration, Escape Artistry, Sabotage and Espionage: He is capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected. He can even sneak up on Batman himself on occasion. He is also highly skilled in espionage, stealth, escape arts, infiltration, and sabotage.
- Genius Level Intellect: He has vast knowledge of different fields. He often shows this when in use with his Detective skills. He was intelligent enough to build his own "Nightcar", build and program a Tech Glider, and mentioned he can fool a polygraph. Like Batman he has perfect recall, accelerated learning aptitude, eidetic memory, and photographic memory.
- Weapon Master: He displayed extremely high-level skill using Escrima sticks, batons, and shuriken.
- Expert Hacker
- Indomitable Will
Harley Quinn Storypack
- "End of the line, Quinn!"
- "Put your bat down!"
- "It's gonna take a whole lot of luck to beat me."
- "You shoulda quit when Joker died."
- "You know how this ends, Harley."
- "Play it smart, Harley! Just give up!"
- "You're going away for life!"
- "Hope you like jail cause that's where you're going."
- "Bringing you down, Quinn."
- "Get on your knees and throw your hands in the air!"
- "This time you're gone too far, Harley."
- "We're gonna lock you up for good!"
- "You should stayed outta Bludhaven."
- "It's not the same without Joker, is it?"
- "Who else are you working for?!"
- "Didn't know you and Ivy were a team!"
- "Give up!"
- "Putting you behind bars!"
- "Give up, Quinn!"
- "Time to call it quits."
- "You're in trouble Quinn!"
- "You're a menace."
- "Still lurking around on rooftops?"
- "Are you kidding me? When I heard about Barb-"
- "Penguin's using freezer trucks to smuggle weapons out of Bludhaven. I think he's stockpiling arms right here in Gotham, the question is where?"
- "Huh. If only you knew someone who's been tracking their movements."
- "What? You didn't really think I'd come here without a plan, did you?"
- "C'mon, Bruce. Look, let me help. You can't do it all on your own."
- "Alright, I can take a hint. But if you wanna to keep tabs on that truck, you're gonna need this."
- "It's a prototype, straight out of R & D. The old Fox has outdone himself this time."
- "I'll see you around, Bruce."
- "This is you handling it, right?"
- "Oh, don't worry, you can thank me later!"
- "I'll try not to make you look too bad!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "You're staying down!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Here you go!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Oh, this'll be too easy!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Bruce, you need to let me help."
- "Scarecrow, these weapons, this all affects Bludhaven too. The best place for me is here."
- "With the amount of weapons Penguin has been running into Gotham, this cannot be everything."
- "I'll contact you as soon as I track down any of Penguin's trucks."
- "Just like old time, huh? Me coming in at the last minute to save your ass."
- "What are friends for, Bruce?"
- "Well, what d'know. The old team back together again."
- "I take it he wasn't overjoyed discovering his daughter works for a masked vigilante."
- "Its his daughter, Bruce, you can't blame him."
- "Don't worry, Bruce. I'll help track down Cobblepot. Just focus on finding Barb."
- "Tim must be going out of his mind. And Gordon."
- "You should head to those airships. I can handle things here."
- "Hey Bruce, I've located a truck, it's near Mercy Bridge. Huh, I'm just too damn good at this."
- "Age before beauty, Bruce. I'll keep my entrance understated as always."
- "Let me know if you get your hands full!"
- "I can't remember when I had this much fun!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Head's up!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Nice shot!"
- "I forgot how well we work together."
- "Whoa whoa whoa, don't get any ideas, Bruce, it's not permanent. I like the new job too much, you know. The work's good. I get to decide my own hours. And best of all, there's no boss looking over my shoulder."
- "I haven't seen Robin around tonight. You know I still think of him as the new guy. Couldn't have been easy for him, you know, coming in after what happened. But, kid's got a lot of heart."
- "Promise me, when we finally catch up with Penguin I get some one on one time. He needs reminding Bludhaven's off limits."
- "You know, when this is all over I should swing by the manor, say hi to Alfred. He made living with you bearable. Just."
- "This isn't over yet. By my count, Penguin must have at least three more of these caches in the city, that equals a lot of guns on the street. It's going to be a long night, Bruce."
- "And here I thought you might give me a real challenge!"
- "Bruce, I've got a present for you. I've located one of Penguin's trucks at the rear of the Movie Studios."
- "You got it."
- "Call this even? Give me a break!"
- "I think I might try using one hand, make it interesting."
- "Come on, admit it, Bruce. You're having fun."
- "You always were great at killing a party."
- "I can imagine Penguin's not too happy with us right now. He can only have a couple of these weapon caches left."
- "Of course. I wouldn't miss seeing the look on his face for the world!"
- "I think we both know who's doing the lion's share of the work in these fights. I'll go easy on the next one, give you a chance to catch up."
- "Call me crazy, but we could get to Penguin a lot quicker if we split up, you know, I could take one of these places on my own. Don't rush to agree or anything."
- "Arkham Asylum had its faults but at least we had someplace to put these psychos. You know what the plans are for that place? I mean, surely billionaire Bruce Wayne has some ideas, right?"
- "Hey Bruce, I've managed to track down one of Penguin's trucks. It's by the canal on Bleake Island."
- "Wouldn't have it any other way, Bruce."
- "Good news. I found Penguin. He's right where we want him."
- "Bats, I'm fine! Don't worry about me."
- "Don't expend too much energy forming words. You're going to need it later." (Penguin's Henchmen)
- "I'm sensing some hostility here. You guys got enough fiber in your diet?" (Penguin's Henchmen)
- "More stimulating conversation. Great." (Penguin's Henchmen)
- "Smash him!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Make sure you keep up, Batman!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Hey buddy, this is gonna hurt!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "Let's see who can take out the most!" (Dual Team Takedown)
- "A thank you for finding this place would be nice. You should be happy, we got all the caches. The Penguin's finished."
- "I doubt he stuck around."
- "Good thing I had the tracker. I remember that coming in handy once or twice back in the day."
- "No guns, no goons. Don't think you'll be hearing from Penguin anymore tonight."
- "I almost had him earlier. I couldn't just leave, didn't know if we'd get another chance."
- "Hey, Oz. You remember the Flying Graysons?"
- "Flying Graysons, the greatest acrobats in the world."
- "Whenever they performed in that circus there was magic in the air."
- "There was one move they did, just took your breath away."
- "You might enjoy listening to this, Batman, but I don't!"
- "You know I was just going to suggest you do that."
- "So here's the part where you tell me off..."
- "Are you feeling OK?"
- "Don't talk like that. All right, this won't stop you. Nothing stops you."
- "It's OK Bruce, I get it. You just don't want me hanging around, stealing the limelight."
- "I won't let you down."
Beneath the Surface
- "Bruce, you've got a problem. A big one. You heard of Iron Heights? The prison airship? Yeah, well it just fell out of the sky, crashed in Gotham Bay. You could have casualties. Or escapees."
- "Yeah, I'm on my way, sans cape remember?"
- "What can I say, imagine the worst prison in the world."
- "No. But it's still pretty bad. What I can't figure out is what it's been doing in Gotham airspace. Must've picked up someone we don't know about."
- "See you inside, Bruce."
- "I'm on the way."
- "Need a little help?"
- "Maybe he likes a long lunch."
- "You got it. I'll check the database, make sure we don't miss anyone."
- "I've accessed internal security. That'll take you right back out the way you came in."
- "I'm working with Cash to get everyone back to GCPD."
- "Aw, you miss me."
- "Yeah. Wouldn't want to keep the giant man-eating escaped convict waiting."
- "Looks like Croc wants payback. Can't say I blame him."
- "Man, the things they were doing here. To prisoners. To Croc. Bastards."
- "See you on the other side."
- "Come on. Let's do this."
- "It's that aftershave."
- "No way I'm helping you carry him outta here. I'm just saying."
- "Uh, seriously, how are we getting Croc outta here?"
- "Nefarious characters, check. Ill-gotten money, check. Distinct lack of brain cells, definitely check. Yeah, this is gonna be fun."
- "You're in jail Cobblepot. What are you doing with all this?"
- "And you were doing so well. You're headed to Gotham, what for?!"
- "You know 50,000 volts to the head hurts, right?"
- "Why so pessimistic?"
- "You know when you fitted this thing with a self-destruct option, you could've asked him why."
- "Ah, yes. The stoney-faced intractablility we loved him for."
- "These guys on the other hand look very... tractable."
- "Come on, guys. Put up a fight, please."
- "Couldn't agree more."
- "Aw, sorry boss, we're not getting you outta there anytime soon."
- "Coz we just got our asses kicked."
- "The one and only, Oz. Look, just relax. Now that I'm here I'll have you back down and behind bars in no time."
- "You know I love it when you get angry."
- "I'm on it."
- "So, I've been thinking. You, uh, pretty much own everything now, huh?"
- "Well, I bet you've been throwing some mad parties, right?"
- "Ha ha."
- "Man, I'm good."
- "Okay, junction box rewired."
- "Aww, my heart melts."
- "Okay Lucius, we're done."
- "I'll stop them. Oh, and while you're at it, cut the lights."
- "The fence, hit it!" (Lucius Assisted Takedown)
- "The vents. Take him out!" (Lucius Assisted Takedown)
- "I should shut my eyes, might even things up a little."
- "OK, Oz. Let's get you outta that elevator."
- "Area's secured, Lucius. Reconnect power to the elevator."
- "Hey boss, we're getting you out."
- "Oh, he's right here, we thought you'd wanna say hello."
- "Thanks for the offer, but this isn't permanent."
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Knight
- In GCPD Lockdown, many thugs considered Nightwing to be Batman's replacement. This is evidenced by the fact that he inherited the most gadgets from Batman.
- Nightwing's DLC Pack came with one Predator Challenge Map: "Wayne Manor: Main Hall." It also came with an alternate suit, the Batman: The Animated Series Nightwing.
- Batman and Nightwing shared three gadgets: The Line Launcher, the Disruptor, and the Batclaw. In City, the Freeflow Focus Gadget upgrade for the Batclaw was not present, but it was added in Knight.
- While Nightwing did not appear in the Arkham City Story Mode, he was mentioned in Mayor Quincy Sharp's Interview Tapes, and in an Arkham City story, which was unlocked by scanning the Flying Graysons poster in the Amusement Mile.
- Though Nightwing did not appear in the story, the credits listed him as a character, who was voiced by Quinton Flynn. It was possible that, at one point, Nightwing was scheduled to appear in the game, but was removed. Also, when playing in the Challenge Maps, Nightwing used the same grunting sound as Robin (voiced by Troy Baker) when he took damage.
- It seemed that Nightwing had recently started his career as a solo hero, because in the Riddler's Challenges, some thugs were unaware of who he was. It could also be due to the fact that he had normally operated in Bludhaven, a city that was near Gotham. By the time of Arkham Knight, Nightwing's reputation grew considerably: after his arrival in Gotham, some criminals mentioned that they fled Bludheaven to get away from him, though they maintained that he's not as scary as Batman.
- When the Riddler was putting down the inmates, he mentioned that someone was in there with them. With them usually thinking that it was Batman, the inmates were surprised to see that it was Nightwing whenever he fought them. Sometimes, even the inmates said: "Who the hell is Nightwing?" or "What are you?" as they patrolled the areas.
- It was confirmed in Arkham Unhinged that he had a romantic relationship with Barbara Gordon (Oracle). This relationship had ended by the time of Batman: Arkham Knight, in which she was dating Tim Drake. The reason for the break-up is not explained, although some speculate it has something to do with Nightwing watching over Blüdhaven, with him presumably moving there to do so.
- In an interview with Rocksteady lead animator Zafer Coban, Coban said, ".....Scarecrow, Nightwing....." as he was listing some of the animations that he was working on. After saying Nightwing, he stuttered and changes the subject immediately. That could indicate that Nightwing was supposed to be a secret and be revealed later on in the game, but could be accidentally confirmed. Although Nightwing could be accidentally confirmed, it should seem pretty obvious that he would appear in Arkham Knight since it was the final game and they were most likely going to spill the beans with everything that the fans had wanted.
- Even though Dick adopted acrobatic movements in his fighting style as both Nightwing and Robin, in Arkham Origins Online, his movements were the same as that of Tim Drake (due to the developers reusing the assets from Arkham City) except Dick could perform Inverted Takedowns.
- However, some Concept Art by WB Games Montreal showed that they designed Dick Grayson's Robin with dual sticks as his primary weapons, and followed more closely to his fighting style as Nightwing, rather than the Bo Staff that was used by Tim Drake, as well as by Dick in-game.
- Nightwing referred to Jason Todd's presumed death after the destruction of one of the weapons caches. He stated that Robin was doing pretty well, even after what happened. That indicated that Nightwing was aware of Jason's murder.
- However, it was unknown if Nightwing knew that Jason had survived. The only people who knew were Oracle, Alfred, and Batman.
- The events of Dick Grayson's parents' murder was alluded to at one point during the Cloudburst Mission: Joker, when trying to convince Batman to leave the city to its fate, stated that Gotham City was "falling faster than the Flying Graysons on Take-Your-Kid-To-Work Day!". Ironically, Mark Hamill, Joker's voice actor in the game, voiced Tony Zucco, the man responsible for the death of the Flying Graysons, in The Batman.
- In Arkham Knight, Nightwing's gadget collection is inconsistent at places:
- In the Gunrunner side mission, he only has his Escrima sticks, Electric Blast and Batclaw. This moveset is also present in the Gotham Knights Challenge Map, which is the only Dual-Play map included on the main game.
- In GCPD Lockdown, Nightwing also has the REC and Voice Syntesizer, which are believed to be inherited from Batman after the Knightfall Protocol. Nightwing uses these gadgets in every Challenge map except for Gotham Knights. He also uses these gadgets during the Beneath the Surface DLC Most Wanted mission, even though it takes place before the Knightfall protocol.
- Nightwing's model in Arkham Knight resembled his model in Injustice: Gods Among Us. It's possible the new suit design was based on it.
- Nightwing was the only main member of the Bat Family who was never seen unmasked. Batman was seen unmasked several times during the series, and Robin took off his mask for a moment inside Panessa Studios.
- Certain thugs and Penguin called Nightwing a "fairy".
- Nightwing being unable to glide is quite ironic considering his name and the fact that he was the one who introduced gliding to the Batman Universe during the 1990's.
- Nightwing's death is the main story basis of the upcoming game Batman: Arkham VR. However whether or not the game is canon is being called into question as in game information strongly suggests that the game takes place after Arkham City as Batman is infected with the Joker's blood and Joker is dead.
- His Possible Death in Batman: Arkham VR could lead in to the Grayson comic book series.