The Political Prisoners appear in Batman: Arkham City.
Arkham City Incident
The Political Prisoners were people who were arrested by Hugo Strange for knowing too much about Arkham City or for being a danger to his plans. Some people became Political Prisoners because they objected to the idea of Arkham City, while others got themselves deliberately thrown in the prison city to uncover more about it, such as Jack Ryder. There was a Side Mission in Arkham City called: "Acts of Violence" where Batman must save the Political Prisoners from the abuse of other Arkham City Inmates.
Known Political Prisoners:
- Jack Ryder
- Bruce Wayne
- Quincy Sharp
- Jimmy Briggs
- Various Arkham City Architects:
- Victims from Deadshot's Side Mission: A Shot in the Dark
- Undercover GCPD Officers from the 13th Precinct
- Various Others
- "The last hot meal we had was three months ago... We found a cat near the courthouse..." (Mad Hatter's Lair)
- "Jeez!" (Under the Church when encountering Batman)
- "I'm going to die here, aren't I?" (Under the Church when encountering Batman)
- In the GCPD Building in Arkham Origins, there was a man encountered who was called a Hobo. On the floor next to him was another one, but with the same coat as the many Political Prisoners from Arkham City.
- They established a small community underneath the bridge across from the Church and Medical Center in Arkham City.
- At the beginning of the game, two Political Prisoners could be encountered on the side of the Solomon Wayne Courthouse, while another two were hiding in the alleyway near the Mad Hatter's Lair, and one of them stated: "The last hot meal we had was three months ago... We found a cat near the courthouse..."
- Said cat most likely belonged to Catwoman, given its location.
- Various Political Prisoners were cowering in fear because of the other inmates.
- A Political Prisoner could be found if the player broke the glass at near the ending of the game where the player first started the game. He was lying on the floor. It was possible that the TYGER Guard at the start of the game was beating him when Bruce Wayne broke out of the chair.
- Thugs could be seen beating Political Prisoners in alley ways. The player could help them as part of a Side Mission.